The meeting began with the acknowledgement that God is sovereign, that His ways are higher and his wisdom greater than ours. (Isaiah 55:8,9) We can trust Him with the things we leave in His hands. We expressed gratitude for the many outreach ministries in our communities and the impact they are having on the lives of those they touch.
We prayed thanksgiving for the Christian leaders serving in all areas of our county, asking for God to accomplish His will through those faithful servants. We recognized that there are enemies at work in our city wanting to thwart God’s work here. Taking a stand against this we prayed:
- that the faith-based community would come together in greater unity, come out from behind the walls of the buildings where congregations gather to worship,
- that we be cleansed on the inside, renewed in our thinking, and for help to continually walk before God, wanting what separates us to be gone.
- for help to conduct ourselves in such a way that the enemies would be put to shame and come to know Christ.
We prayed Philippians 1:9-11 over our city council members and county board of supervisors as they and their staffs deal with budget matters, asking the Holy Spirit to give them discernment and wisdom.
We realize that we may know the WORD, but until it gets into our hearts, we cannot live it!
May the continued prayer of our hearts in KLA be two-fold:
- for each of us to have greater understanding of God’s word … Proverbs 4:7 — Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding.
- For us to know His will for us to impact our community for Christ… Romans 12:2 —Do not conform any longer to the patterns of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is –His good, pleasing and perfect will.