July 20th, 2010
7:00am – 7:45am
St. Paul’s Anglican Parish
Prayer Leader Cynthia Giumarra
1 Timothy 2 1I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone— 2for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. 3This is good, and pleases God our Savior, 4who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.
Our monthly prayer meeting is our opportunity to pray for our community. Each month we lift up our community’s most pressing needs to God. This month under the guidance of Cynthia Giumarra we prayed for our community with an emphasis on individuals touched by the fire season.
In your devotional time, please continue to pray over our city.
1. Community leader and areas of concern with which they are dealing:
a. City Council Members and Mayor Hall, city Manager Allen Tandy
b. Board of Supervisors
c. Police, Fire Department, Sheriff, CHP
d. Drug Enforcement Agency, FBI, Homeland Security
e. Leaders in business and employers, job creation
f. City and County school districts, school board members, principals, teachers
g. Judges and court system
2. News Media outlets, TV, radio, newspaper
3. Agriculture and oil business
4. Election in the fall – Godly candidates with hearts tuned to the Holy Spirit
5. Crime, drugs and gang violence
6. Forest fire season
7. Abortion clinic
8. Strip clubs and family violence
9. Child protective services, ministries to children and families
10. Pastors and unity of purpose
11. Evangelism and discipleship to the lost
12. Ministries to the homeless, drug addicted and abused
Our next prayer meeting will be on August 17th with Prayer Leader Sean Battle. We look forward to lifting up our prayers again to Him.